Domingo J. Rivera, Esq., JD, M.S., MBA, CISSP, GPEN, CEH, GSLC, GCIH, EIT
Legal Decision Highlights:
- The first attorney in the United States to obtain a major victory after a jury trial against the FBI and the DOJ in an case involving criminal copyright infringement allegations. The client was accused of being the leader of the world’s most prolific music piracy group. The case began in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and was decided in the USDC for the Southern District of Texas.
- Has obtained Summary Judgment in Federal cases involving computer trespass including the first civil case based on the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Stored Communications Act decided by the Arkansas Federal Court.
- Has obtained Summary Judgment in Federal cases involving online defamation, trademark infringement, invasion of privacy. Obtained recent Summary Judgment involving online defamation and trademark infringement in the USDC for the Middle District of Florida.
- Has won cases involving Internet defamation in several State and Federal Court cases after hotly contested trials.
- Has obtained injunctions against Internet defamation. Injunctive relief is generally hard to obtain in Internet defamation cases because of Free Speech implications.
- Regularly teaches CLEs to other attorneys on Internet law matters.
- Has published scholarly articles in widely published legal publications regarding issues related to Internet law and Internet defamation.
- Is one of the few attorneys holding Information Security Certifications, including the prestigious CISSP, GPEN, GCIH, GSLC, CEH. Of those, is also one of the select few with vast experience defending highly sensitive computer networks.
Domingo J. Rivera earned a B.S. in Computer Engineering, M.S. in Information Technology (Virginia Tech), an MBA (Florida) with a specialty in Information Technology Management, and a Doctorate of Jurisprudence. Domingo J. Rivera is also a registered Electrical Engineering E.I.T. in the State of Florida.
Information Technology and Cybersecurity Certifications:
Domingo Rivera has passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam. Additionally, he holds the following Cybersecurity Certifications:
With these cybersecurity certifications and experience in defending critical computer networks, you can count on Mr. Rivera to apply both legal and technical expertise to any technically complicated case. Whether the case may involve hacking (unauthorized access to computer systems), online defamation investigation, or legal compliance issues related cybersecurity policy, we can provide techno-legal expertise to any case related to technology.
Mr. Rivera maintains a TS/SCI Clearance. Therefore, he may assist you with sensitive legal issues that may require meeting at a secure facility or understanding the full scope of the situation. His legal counsel has proven valuable to clients in need of competent and fully informed advice for sensitive matters.